HOW TO: DIY your own Daybed

Thursday, July 9, 2015



This easy and fast Daysofa is perfect for any small outdoor space or even apartment patio.



You'll need:

  • 4 to 6 Wooden pallets (adjust the amount of pallets to the desired height) 
  • 3 yards of outdoor fabric (patterns may vary)
  • 2 1/2 yards of 1 inch foam
  • 3 yards of Batting
  • 2 pieces of thin plywood (measured to fit the pallets)
  • heavy duty staple gun
  • heavy duty staples 






 I began playing around with different positions and heights of the pallets. I chose the height of two pallets on each side for a total of 4 pallets. This DIY couldn't be simpler, if you're good at Christmas gift wrapping, then you'll master this tutorial.




I started by cutting my fabric to fit the size of the plywood which measured 48 x 40.


Then, cut my batting to fit inside the fabric

 next, comes the foam on top of the batting.

 Lastly, place the plywood on top.
Then, begin wrapping everything up into the fabric.
I began stapling the from the middle and worked my way towards to corners, at the corners, I neatly tucked them like I was wrapping a gift.


okay, maybe not so neatly, but it worked.




once you've gone around the edges with the staple gun, you now have your very own cushions!




Outdoor cushions from T.J Maxx  Marshalls, and Pier 1 Imports. Rug came from Marshalls, as did the navy blue vase. Red floor lantern from Pier 1 Imports 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |